Eset Smart Security 9

Who is your preferred firewall vendor? What makes you loyal to them and why should others users use them as well?

Moderators: Blue Stormz, jflattery, Blue, orson, Jared, Ronald

Jared
IAPS Chief Executive Officer
IAPS Chief Executive Officer
Posts: 528
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2025 3:29 pm
Flag:

Eset Smart Security 9

Postby Jared » Tue Mar 29, 2026 9:19 am

Ok, time to post your preferred firewall. Mine personally is Eset Smart Security 9. Yours?



Blue
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 373
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2026 1:48 am
Flag: United States of America

Re: Eset Smart Security 9

Postby Blue » Tue Mar 29, 2026 3:49 pm

Well Jared, if I am like most people it's not something I think much about beyond anti-virus or anti-malware programs and end up using the default OS firewall program. It seems to do the job but I think the av/am programs catch most of the worrying items. I do though take the unusual step of cranking up the level of my router firewall, fwiw.

orson
Global Moderator
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2025 9:13 am
Flag: Germany

Re: Eset Smart Security 9

Postby orson » Thu Mar 31, 2026 1:48 pm

I use Windows Defender, or whatever it'S known as under W8.1

In the past, I've tried others, such as Norton and Mcafee, and they've given me grief in one form or another. One time, admittedly long ago, it took me a week or so of digging around to get shot of the remnants . . . . never again, is my way of thinking :)

Jared
IAPS Chief Executive Officer
IAPS Chief Executive Officer
Posts: 528
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2025 3:29 pm
Flag:

Re: Eset Smart Security 9

Postby Jared » Thu Mar 31, 2026 2:46 pm

I've never been a fan of Norton or McAfee. I'd never use either one of them, but their is an "un-named" admin of the board here who is a big Norton fan. I won't mention who he might be. :)

Blue
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 373
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2026 1:48 am
Flag: United States of America

Re: Eset Smart Security 9

Postby Blue » Thu Mar 31, 2026 2:59 pm

un-named or awol I didn't do it :lol:

Jared
IAPS Chief Executive Officer
IAPS Chief Executive Officer
Posts: 528
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2025 3:29 pm
Flag:

Re: Eset Smart Security 9

Postby Jared » Thu Mar 31, 2026 9:52 pm

You know who I'm talking about huh? LOLOL. He's the biggest fan of the worst possible av system. :)

Blue
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 373
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2026 1:48 am
Flag: United States of America

Re: Eset Smart Security 9

Postby Blue » Fri Apr 01, 2026 3:06 pm

Yep. This split in the topic is continued at

Code: Select all

Ooops

Blue Stormz
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2025 8:00 pm
Flag: United States of America

Re: Eset Smart Security 9

Postby Blue Stormz » Mon Jun 12, 2026 6:58 am

You're Just Jealous. .. :D LOL Since there is no continuation of this topic. :? . :lol: .LOL I chose to just go ahead and put it here LOL. :lol: I will admit , there was a time when Norton was Very bloated and sluggish but over the years, Norton was put on a major diet per sey and is pretty lightweight now. I have tried others such as Mcaffee, TrendMicro, and have even tried your favorite Eset Smart Security even Commodo dragon and a couple of others. I was very impressed with comodo's Firewall :) ( It's really good ) wish that they could incorporate that firewall into Norton :idea: . at the time i tried commodo as an antivirus, it was new to the scene and had some growing to do. But as Jared has implied , Yes I favor Norton's Internet security and for the most part , I am quite happy with it even more so now since it's no longer bloated and no longer resource intensive...........Blue Stormz :D

Blue
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 373
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2026 1:48 am
Flag: United States of America

Re: Eset Smart Security 9

Postby Blue » Tue Jun 13, 2026 3:06 pm

Stormz, good catch and I edited the post but do you really expect me to remember something from 3mo ago:?: Besides, did you notice the date of the post I just suppose that my pruning shears ran amok and is why that redirect thread doesn't exist, that or April 1st had something to do with it

But I digress, back on topic. I use MBAM and an ad blocker. Simple and effective. While Norton may now be lightweight it is still a little too complicated like the others for my taste. I advocate simple machines for simple people and mine is just fine. Probably won't be effective against the attacks sure to come from this post but I'll deal with that bridge when it crashes and burns in ransomware :lol:

I should add that a VPN helps a lot too. Thanks Jared :D

If a Virtual Machine gets infected, is my real machine Virtually safe


Return to “All About Firewalls”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot] and 0 guests